Traditional manual testing is not very efficient.
- Manual testing is labor intensive, requiring a team of people to perform multiple cycles of mundane tasks.
- Manual testing coverage is not always adequate – new builds and functions often take priority, leaving other items neglected.
- Manual testing time is often lengthy, with no economies of scale or efficiency improvements.
- Some automated testing tools have licensing costs; others do not allow flexibility for customization.
vTAF offers a comprehensive framework for automated testing.
- vTAF is a flexible, extendable, and powerful alternative to traditional software testing. It can enhance manual testing or replace your current automation tool with a series of open source products that we have integrated to allow for more efficient automated testing through simpler development and the use of automation scripts.
- vTAF uses open source tools such as Maven, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, RestAssured, and Jenkins which allow easy and flexible customization with no licensing cost.
- vTAF’s framework provides automated HTML and MS Excel report generation, such as test cases and errors. Screen shots are captured in the report which can be used as evidences when logging a bug.
- vTAF works on multiple browsers and on any web application.
- vTAF has the capability to test multiple roles and supports multiple types of testing including Smoke, Integration, and Regression.
- Data can be automatically created through the Data Suite tool.
vTAF provides significant benefits over manual testing and is easy to implement.
- More efficient testing – tests can run 24×7 and overall time can be reduced by up to 50%.
- Test scripts developed up to 50% faster, with minimal maintenance for changes.
- Errors are found earlier, with documented evidence such as screen and video captures.
- Test coverage is more thorough, eliminating gaps or things getting overlooked.
- Minimal setup time (approximately 15 minutes) and minimal impact for software upgrades.